Saturday, September 4, 2010

Winthrop Admiral (Torpedo)

Winthrop I smoked this one on the patio while enjoying the fire on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend.

Paired with my usual Bud Light, I V cut it and lit it up. I was greeted with a peppery taste at first but it was not overwhelming and very short lived. The taste was nice and mellow and no bad aftertaste. This is not one of those cigars that stays with you for hours afterward. The first 2 3rds seem to burn very fast but then when I reached the last 3rd it was if time stood still and that last 3rd lasted forever. It was a great medium strength cigar down to the nub. And the fact that I can get them from Holt's for about a buck a piece makes them even more appealing. I am adding this one to the "Favorite" category.

From Holt's Cigars:

Winthrop is an old-timer's favorite. Creamy Ecuadorian wrappers embrace a mild blend of Dominican tobaccos. This is a no-nonsense value nut special. The flavor may be a bit mundane, but these cigars boast consistent construction and reliable smooth flavor every single time.


Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Strength: Mild to Medium
Wrapper: Ecuadorian
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican

No comments:

Post a Comment