Monday, September 13, 2010

Bahia Blu

Bahia Blu I still love this cigar and especially in this torpedo size that I got from CigarBid.com.

I V cut this one and paired it with Wild Turkey and water on the rocks and smoked it on the patio while burning a fire. The draw was nice and open. This is a mild to medium cigar for me.

The one main issue I had with the cigar was that it bubbled and unraveled on me. I have since been told that this can occur when a cigar is over humidified. At first I thought that it was under humidified and that was causing the wrapper to peal and split. But a friend later told me that over humidification was the culprit and the water was trying to escape. It started almost immediately after lighting and got worse the entire time I smoked it. I enjoyed the cigar but it was a mess by the time I was done with it.

From Cigars International:

Bahia Blu is a medium-bodied handmade from Nicaragua that’s priced to move. Dressed in a fairly attractive Corojo wrapper that’s smooth and glistening - under the hood is a blend of 5 to 6-year old long Nicaraguan long-fillers grown in Esteli, Jalapa, and Leon. The end result is a somewhat rich and toasty flavor with a sweet, cedary core, and crisp, lingering aftertaste. I’ve found a bit of a consistency issue from time to time but by and large a nice, everyday, handmade value.

No comments:

Post a Comment