Monday, September 20, 2010

Bahia Blu

Bahia Blu I like this cigar but I have struggle with each cigar I have smoked from this batch I bought on CigarBid.com.

I smoked this one on the deck while pairing with Bud Light. At first I gave it a V cut but the draw was too tight so I re-cut it and gave it a straight cut. The draw was better but still too tight. Barley any smoke came from this cigar in the first 2 thirds and it was work to smoke it.

The only saving grace was the nice mellow taste and the short finish. The was no horrible bubbling in the  wrapper like the last one I smoked. However, the draw was so tight that I tried to open it up with my pocket knife MANY times without much luck. So I straight cut it again (yes, a third cut) but up a little higher than the last cut. The draw was a little bit better but still not great.

Overall the cigar had a mellow taste that I enjoyed and had a short finish. The mild taste lasted up to about 2 inches and it got a little peppery at that point. At 2 inches it turned into a nice smoke with a lot more smoke. I thoroughly enjoyed it from 2 inches to the nub. A perfect kick. Nice cedar taste. The wrapper bubbled at the end.

From Cigars International:

Bahia Blu is a medium-bodied handmade from Nicaragua that’s priced to move. Dressed in a fairly attractive Corojo wrapper that’s smooth and glistening - under the hood is a blend of 5 to 6-year old long Nicaraguan long-fillers grown in Esteli, Jalapa, and Leon. The end result is a somewhat rich and toasty flavor with a sweet, cedary core, and crisp, lingering aftertaste. I’ve found a bit of a consistency issue from time to time but by and large a nice, everyday, handmade value.

No comments:

Post a Comment