Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fine Catch Bass

Fine Catch Bass I enjoyed this cigar while on the patio on a dark overcast night while sipping Early Times whiskey on the rocks. Pre light inspection showed no major construction issues. It was a bit vainey, mostly firm, just a little spongy at the foot.

I gave this cigar my usual "V" cut and lit her up. The first couple puffs were spicy but it quickly mellowed to a nice flavor that remained throughout. There was lots of smoke and a good draw.

This cigar took about 1 1/2 hours to smoke, and that was without putting it down at all. I smoked it down to a long nub, not my usual "finger burning" nub.

It was a very enjoyable smoke with a pretty hard kick. Almost too hard. When I smoke this one during the day it makes me crash for about an hour afterward. When I smoke it at night (like this one) it makes it impossible to fall asleep. While I definitely buy this cigar again, I have to find the perfect time to smoke it. And I have not found that time yet.

From Holt's Cigars:

Here is a deal for all the fisherman out there... Fine Catch is a fine cigar handmade in the Dominican Republic. Dark, oily Brazilian wrappers accompany a rich, creamy blend of 100% long-filler tobaccos. The flavor is medium-bodied and woody with zesty notes of leather and hickory nuts. As many of you will soon discover, this bundle is not only a fine catch but a fine purchase as well.

Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Strength: Medium
Wrapper: Brazilian
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican, Nicaraguan

No comments:

Post a Comment