Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nub Habano

Nub Habano The Birthday Cigar!


It's my birthday and I bought 2 of my favorite cigars to celebrate. I smoked one of them while out on my boat on Diamond Lake. I took the boat out by myself and just relaxed. I had a Subway sandwich and then V cut the Nub and lit it up. I paired it with a Bud Light. It smoked easy and nice as always.

I put it out with a bit longer of a nub than usual because a friend of mine joined me on the boat and gave me 3 La Gloria Cubana Siere R's for my Birthday. Nice guy huh? I had to try one out ASAP. (See my review of that one in the next post.)

After smoking one of the La Gloria's I pulled the boat out of the water and tried to re-light the nub of the Nub. I smoked it for a few minutes but it was a bit harsh so I pitched it.

About an hour or so later I felt jittery and nauseous. I attributed it to relighting the Nub. This is the second time I have re-lit a strong cigar and gotten ill from it. I don't think that I will be re-lighting anything anytime soon. :)

All in all it was a great Birthday and I enjoyed floating around on the boat with friends while smoking a couple fine cigars.

From Cigars International:

Wrapper: Habano
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Experience: Rich tobacco influence with hints of nuts and bread. Smoky aftertaste.
Category: Medium to full in body

Nub started as a theory. Born in the Oliva factory, a cigar maker was hell-bent on proving he could capture the essence - the core - of a cigar’s flavor immediately upon lighting and throughout the duration of the smoke. Well, they nailed it.

Rather than wait for a cigar to develop and evolve, which typically occurs an inch to two inches in, the idea behind Nub was to specifically blend it to hit its sweet spot right off the bat and remain at its peak right through to the end. Each size is short and stout in stature. That’s by design - not for novelty - as blends and sizes were worked and re-worked a thousand ways from Sunday in order for Nub creator Sam Leccia and the Oliva family to capture the essence of each Nub blend. Anyone can create unusual shapes, each of the Nub blends and accompanying shapes was instead created to summon and deliver the blend’s sweet spot.

Habano - glossy, milk chocolate-brown wrapper. Rich tobacco core with a smoky aftertaste. Hints of peanuts are supported by a baked bread component. Spice through the nose. Medium to full-bodied with a rich, creamy character throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment