Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Connecticut Churchill (7.0" x 48)

Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 CT I smoked this one at a Michiana TweetUp that was held at Club La Salle in downtown South Bend. The main reason that I attended this TweetUp was to check out the Club La Salle cigar bar that I had never had a chance to get to yet.

The cigar prices seemed a bit high but I found one for $10.00 that looked good. It was the Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Connecticut. I asked the bar tender to give it a straight cut for me and I ordered a Bud Light.

The cigar was nice and very mellow. Almost no taste. I smoked it down to about an inch or so and then put it out because it was not doing much for me. It was just too mellow for me. Oh, and the wrapper was splitting and bubbling just like the Bahia Blue I had the night before. What are the chances of getting two cigars to do this, two nights in a row? From two different humidors. The gentleman I was talking with at the bar was very knowledgeable and said that it was from being over humidified.

This may make a good morning cigar in a smaller size.

He ran out to his car to grab a cigar that he wanted me to try. One of his favorites. See the following post for that review.

From CigarsInternational.com:

Capitalizing on his unrivaled success of the 93-rated Vintage ’90 and ’92 series, Rocky has created the Vintage ’99, a tasty, mild-bodied morsel coated with a silky Connecticut shade wrapper. The ’99 Connecticut uses an exquisite 7-year-old Connecticut leaf to tame his award-winning mixture of 8-year-old Dominican and Nicaraguan long-leaf ligeros. The result is a hearty, slightly spicy cigar with creamy notes of earth and toasted wood. Enjoy this mellow change of pace from Senor Patel, a choice cigar to pair with your morning cup of coffee or workday commute.

No comments:

Post a Comment