Monday, September 27, 2010

Nub Connecticut 354 Natural (3 3/4 x 54)

Nub Connecticut The Nub Habano is my current favorite but I wanted to try the other wrappers so I bought a sampler with a couple of the other Nub varieties. I got a great deal on them. Six Nubs for $20.00 with shipping from http://www.famous-smoke.com through CigarMonster.com.

I enjoyed this one on the deck while talking on the phone and listening to podcasts. It was a crisp evening but not as bad as the previous night. I straight cut this one and gave it a test puff. The draw was very open and I felt like it was almost too open. I may want to go back to the V cut on these.

This cigar was the 54 ring gauge and this was smaller than the other Nubs I had smoked. I think it may have burned a bit hotter because of this.

The construction was impeccable, like the past Nubs that I smoked, and the cigar produced a nice amount of smoke.

I usually smoke the Habano and expected this lighter wrapper to be more mellow. It was not. This one had more of a pepper taste and hit the back of my throat more. It also started to bother my stomach when I ran out of Bud Light near the end. It took me almost exactly one hour to smoke this cigar.

It was pretty high up on the strength scale and one of those cigars that kept me from falling right to sleep. I don't think that this one should be smoked before bed.

Overall I liked this smoke and would buy it again.

Info:

Wrapper: Connecticut
Size: 3.75 x 54
Manufacturer: Oliva Cigar Co.
Strength: Mild-Medium

• Wrapper: Connecticut, Ecuador, Nicaragua
• Binder: Nicaragua
• Filler: Nicaragua
• Handmade in: Esteli, Nicaragua.

NUB Connecticut Cigars were introduced in 2008. It was a creation done by Oliva Cigars sales rep Sam Leccia. It was a cigar never seen before but well constructed with an excellent taste and aroma. NUB Cigars are like other great premium cigars and last just like them (Churchill, Presidente, and others) Most of the NUB Cigar Line are offered in boxes of 24 and are available in different wrappers.

No comments:

Post a Comment