Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tinderbox House Blend 4 1/2 X 50

NoBand This is the fourth time I have picked up this cigar from the local Tinderbox, it cost $2.65. I like the construction and solid feel and the size is nice for times when I have less than an hour.

I smoked it on the deck while working. I straight cut it and paired it with coffee and then a Coke out of the can.

It started off pretty mellow tasting and had a good draw. There was a slight pepper taste in the first third that diminished in the last 2 thirds. Half way through the cigar the wrapper started to bubble. I think that it was just a bad spot in the cigar because it fixed itself quickly. The was the third cigar in 3 days where the wrapper bubbled on me. And one of those was not even from my humidor.

The last third produced lots of smoke and the taste mellowed a bit. The pepper gave way to a slight woody taste.

I like this cigar but don't LOVE it. It's OK for a quick morning cigar with just enough kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment