Monday, October 25, 2010

Tatuaje Cabaiguan Maduro

This cigar was given to me by some great guys that I met on Twitter and then had the pleasure of meeting in person at Shelly's back room when I was on a business trip to D.C. last week. @thisisnotevan @sboyajian @DaByrdman33 @jcruz @DCsPeoplesChamp @stogieguys #TatCrew101. If you're on Twitter they are definitely worth the follow. Thanks for the hospitality guys! You made me feel like one of the crew while there.

I smoked this cigar on my deck, which as of tonight I am calling "The Smokey Wood Cigar Lounge". There is a long story to go with this name and if you ask I will share the story with you some time.

I straight cut it and paired it with my usual, Bud Light. It was a warm October night. A perfect night with just a slight breeze.

The construction of this cigar was perfect and had a nice heavy feel, especially for the size.

From the initial lighting to the 1/2 way point this cigar had a very pleasant taste. My untrained pallet could not pick out any specific flavor notes and I would not call it a complex taste, more on the smooth side for me. An enjoyable smooth but full taste with a medium finish.

The ash was firm with a mostly whitish color with some flakes of pepper. The burn was perfect and I didn't have to correct it despite smoking it outside with a breeze. The draw was firm, but not too much so as to require a lot of work to smoke. The first 1/2 yielded a moderate amount of smoke.

During the second 1/2 the draw became more open and it started producing a ton of smoke and picked up with a more complex taste with a bit of a pepper.

Overall, this was a perfect cigar for me and left me with a nice mellow buzz.

I usually don't rate my cigars like this, but I would give this cigar 5 stars and would definitely buy it again.

Thanks #TatCrew101. I'll have to see if I can pick up some more of these.

From http://www.newhavanacigars.com:

Another Pete Johnson brand and part of the Tatuaje Family, Cabaiguan is a staple among Tatuaje fans.

Cabaiguan - pronounced kah-bei-gWAHN, is named after a city in northern Sancti Spiritus province of Cuba. It is a medium bodied cuban style cigar, but we would consider it even stronger - especially towards the finish. A Connecticut seed Shade Grown Ecuadorian wrapper gives this cigar a burst of flavor and spice before lighting and mixes with the Nicaraguan blend of filler for an extremely flavorful smoke. Pepin's son, Jaime, worked with Pete during the blending process to produce this beauty. Four vitolas (along with the Petit) provide another source of conflict between your friends over which one is their favorite. We like them all!

Cabaiguan line is "Cuban Made in Miami". Guapos are made at the My Father Cigars factory in Esteli, Nicaragua.

No comments:

Post a Comment