Thursday, October 28, 2010

Carrillo Edicion Inaugural 2009

This was the second cigar that I smoked while at Club La Salle. A friend bought me the "Mystery cigar" from the cigar menu. The "Mystery cigar" is a cigar of the bartender's choosing. And luckily the bartender was nice enough to pick out a very nice cigar for me. A great cigar for $5.00! They usually sell for $13.00.

He asked if I would like him to prepare it for me and I took him up on the offer. I asked him to straight cut it and he then pulled out a really huge torch and toasted the end and then passed the cigar to me. I blew on the toasted end and got the cherry burning a bit more. He then lit a piece of cedar and held it for me while I puffed and finished lighting the cigar.

It had a very nice taste but I could not place it. It was a very enjoyable cigar that lasted well over an hour. The flavor was complex and on the mild side. The strength was medium.

I enjoyed this cigar down to the nub and would definitely buy it again.

From BonitaSmokeShop.com:

New line of cigars from E. P. Carrillo in their Inaugural 2009 Series. An extremely limited amount of these Carillo cigars will be available only from December of 2009 through April of 2010.

Long awaited from Ernesto Carrillo the E P Carillo Inaugural cigars feature an exclusive Ecuadorian natural wrapper. Two to five year Nicaraguan and Dominican Pilato blending create the binder and filler. Sure to please the cigar lover who appreciates quality in a delicious medium bodied cigar. The famed maker of La Gloria Cubana, Ernesto Perez-Carrillo, along with his daughter Lissete and his son Ernie are launching his new cigar line with this very limited production. We feel this cigar from EPC Cigars, which is the only cigar maker with this rare Ecuadoran wrapper, will become an aficionado Collector's Edition.



No comments:

Post a Comment