Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pancho's Reserve Toro

I smoked this cigar on the while keeping warm on the deck with the space heater. I straight cut it and paired it with Wild Turkey. It was pretty peppery on the cold draw and very spicy and peppery after lighting.

Half way through and it started to burn unevenly and it was hard to keep it lit. It also started to get a bit bitter.

Just past halfway and it mellowed out a bit and I had a bit of a buzz kicking in. I started to think that this may turn out to be a 1/2 way decent cigar. There had been lots of smoke from beginning to end.

I put this one out with about 2 inches left. The buzz started to kick in and, after the bad experience I had with this cigar last time, I was a little leery. And it just was not a great cigar.

I don't think I'd buy or smoke one of these again.

From Holt's Cigars:

Pancho's Reserve is an old-time brand that's all about value. Handmade in the Dominican Republic, these cigars sport Mexican wrappers and a simple, medium-bodied blend of Dominican tobaccos.

Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Strength: Medium
Wrapper: Mexican
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican


No comments:

Post a Comment