Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hoyo de Monterrey - Double Corona

I bought this cigar from JR's in D.C., it was their cigar of the week and on special for $3.00 so I picked up 2 of them.

I smoked this one on a Thursday night at Club LaSalle. I straight cut it and lit it with my butane lighter. It was very mellow at first and gave off a ton of smoke. I paired it with Goose Island beer.

This was a fantastic cigar that gave me 2 hours of smoking pleasure. I have nothing bad to say about this cigar and would buy more. It was in the low side of medium flavor for me and the strength was perfect.

From Cigar.com:

Hoyo de Monterrey is one of the oldest cigar brands in the world, making its start in Cuba before expanding production to their factory in Honduras. Today it is one of the most famous brands on the Market.

Hoyo de Monterrey is one of the most recognized names in cigars. With deep roots in Cuba, this brand has consistently been one of the best cigars to ever come off the island. In 1969, after the trade embargo, production moved to Honduras and was first harvested from a Cuban seed smuggled out of Cuba in a diplomatic pouch.

The unique multi country blend used to make Hoyo de Monterrey is medium bodied with a solid creamy flavor and great balance. The cigar is currently made under the supervision of Estello Padron at the Villizon Factory where other big names such as Punch are made today. Estello's commitment to quality and perfection ensures that each Hoyo de Monterrey is worthy of the name. Hoyo de Monterrey is and always has been a classic. Smoked by new enthusiasts and aficionados alike, it has a versatile flavor that appeals to many palates.


No comments:

Post a Comment