Friday, October 1, 2010

Bahia Blu

Bahia BluThe school Fall Fest was tonight and, after putting the little one to bed, I went out to the patio for a cigar by the fire.  It was a cold night and the first Fire Pit Friday that I had to wear a sweatshirt.  I popped open a Bud Light and V cut this cigar. The draw was nice and open so I lit it up. It immediately had a ton of smoke. The taste was nice and mellow and it burned cool. I have been struggling with this batch of cigars but it seems that some time in the humidor has done them well. 
 
Overall the cigar had a mellow taste that I enjoyed and it had a short finish. The mild taste lasted up to about 2 inches and it got a little peppery at that point. A perfect kick. It was a perfect cigar (except for some minor issues as I got down to the nub) and I am still calling this cigar one of my favorites.
 
From Cigars International:

Bahia Blu is a medium-bodied handmade from Nicaragua that’s priced to move. Dressed in a fairly attractive Corojo wrapper that’s smooth and glistening - under the hood is a blend of 5 to 6-year old long Nicaraguan long-fillers grown in Esteli, Jalapa, and Leon. The end result is a somewhat rich and toasty flavor with a sweet, cedary core, and crisp, lingering aftertaste. I’ve found a bit of a consistency issue from time to time but by and large a nice, everyday, handmade value.

No comments:

Post a Comment