Saturday, October 23, 2010

Nub Cameroon 460

I used my new Nub punch to open the end of the cigar and paired it with Bud Light. This was a late night cigar that I started at 11:40 PM after trivia night with friends. I smoked this on the deck and it was a nice pleasant night. Not too cold.

I like this new punch and it left this cigar with a great open draw. I did not have the best luck with the 466 box pressed, torpedo Cameroons so I was hoping for more from this size and it payed off. I love this size in the Habano and it was great in the Cameroon too.

An interesting note. This is the first time that I had picked up the "barn yard" aroma in a cigar. I had heard about some cigars having it, but this was the first time I noticed it. I picked up that smell in the pre-light puff.

The smoke was smooth and the flavor was nice.

I thoroughly enjoyed the cigar and I took 2 great Nub stand pictures.

The first 2 thirds were fantastic and the last third, and dowm to the nub, got a bit hot with a bit of a bite at the back of my throat.

I enjoyed this cigar and will move it into my favorite category along with the Nub Habano.




From http://www.milantobacco.com:

The idea for the Nubs came from the theory that a cigar finds its “sweet spot” at the 3 ½- 4 inch point. All “nub” cigars must exist within this window. No “nub” is longer than 4 inches. Further adding to this complex theory, the ring gauges range from 56-66. The result is a range of smokes that have the same amount of tobacco as any Churchill or even Presidente. Unbelievably, they also smoke as long.
The Nub Cameroon Wrapper Cigar: Grown in Cameroon, Africa, this wrapper has a distinct flavor and character. The Cameroon wrapper is thin and toothy, yet it delivers rich notes of cedar and coffee. This Nub medium-bodied cigar is available in 358 and 464T formats.



No comments:

Post a Comment