Friday, October 22, 2010

La Aroma de Cuba Marquis

I straight cut this cigar and smoked it on my deck while using the space heater to keep me warm on this cold Fall night. There was a beautiful full moon.

I tried to light this cigar with the cedar wrapper that was included but gave up and used my butane lighter.

It had a very open draw with a ton of smoke. It was a well made cigar with a dark oily rapper. It had the same enjoyable taste as the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor I smoked the other night. Also had the same nice white ash.

I paired this with Bud Light. As the cigar progressed it had a very slight peppery taste that started hitting the back of my throat, but nothing bothersome.

I love the very decorative bands that the La Aroma de Cuba cigars come wrapped in. And this one had a nice red silk footband and came in a fancy tube.





I enjoyed this cigar and would buy again. Although I believe that this cigar is only available at special events.

From www.tampahumidor.com:

Ring guage - 48
Length - 5.7"

La Aroma de Cuba is as exciting to smoke as it is to view. The wrapper is made from carefully chosen dark Cuban seed Honduran tobacco with plenty of oils and sheen. The filler is a blend of rich Cuban seed Nicaraguan and Honduran tobaccos and the binder is Honduran. La Aroma de Cuba has an enticing aroma and is a medium to full strength cigar. It draws easily and offers a big, enchanting flavor delivered smoothly with lots of finesse.

The packaging is truly extraordinary. Utilizing original Cuban artwork with several modifications and enhancements, the dress box is simply gorgeous with its extensive gold embossing and rich colors.

La Aroma de Cuba was a turn of the century brand made famous in part by Winston Churchill who characterized the cigar as one of his favorites. The new La Aroma de Cuba is completely different but once smoked, its flavor and aroma will remind you of a taste from another era.

No comments:

Post a Comment