Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bahia Blu

I smoked this one on the deck while watching UFC 121 with Deron. I paired it with Bud Light and straight cut it.


The taste was nice and mellow and it burned cool. I have been struggling with this batch of cigars and this one was no exception. The wrapper cracked and split at about 1/2 way and got worse as I got closer to the nub.


I still enjoyed the cigar but am thinking that maybe a smaller size may have less issues.


Overall the cigar had a mellow taste that I enjoyed and it had a short finish. The mild taste lasted up to about 2 inches and it got a little peppery at that point. A perfect kick. It was a perfect cigar (except for some minor issues as I got down to the nub) and I am still calling this cigar one of my favorites.


From Cigars International:


Bahia Blu is a medium-bodied handmade from Nicaragua that’s priced to move. Dressed in a fairly attractive Corojo wrapper that’s smooth and glistening - under the hood is a blend of 5 to 6-year old long Nicaraguan long-fillers grown in Esteli, Jalapa, and Leon. The end result is a somewhat rich and toasty flavor with a sweet, cedary core, and crisp, lingering aftertaste. I’ve found a bit of a consistency issue from time to time but by and large a nice, everyday, handmade value.

No comments:

Post a Comment