Friday, August 27, 2010

Winthrop Admiral (Torpedo)

Winthrop I smoked this one on the patio while enjoying the fire and the company of good friends. This was a very nice smoke and it went well with my pairing of whiskey (and later, Bud Light.)

I V cut it and lit it up. I was greeted with a peppery taste at first but it was not overwhelming. I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar and by the time I was burning my fingers and threw the nub in the fire I was ready to call it my new favorite. The cigar seemed to last for hours but I didn't time it. It produced lots of smoke and the flavor was enjoyable the entire smoke. I had a few cocktails in me by the time I lit this one up so that may have clouded my entire review of this smoke, so the next time I smoke one I will have to concentrate on a more detailed review. For now, let's call this one a winner! And the fact that I can get them from Holt's for about a buck a piece makes them even more appealing.

From Holt's Cigars:

Winthrop is an old-timer's favorite. Creamy Ecuadorian wrappers embrace a mild blend of Dominican tobaccos. This is a no-nonsense value nut special. The flavor may be a bit mundane, but these cigars boast consistent construction and reliable smooth flavor every single time.


Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Strength: Mild to Medium
Wrapper: Ecuadorian
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican

No comments:

Post a Comment