Monday, August 9, 2010

Punch Rothschild

Punch Rothschild This was my second cigar of the day after smoking the Nub Habano at Holt's earlier in the day. I am really liking this old standby that the Punch Rothschild is becoming for me. I bought this one at a coffee shop near my hotel outside of Atlantic City. The coffee shop is more of a cigar shop than a coffee shop and they let you smoke inside. There was a big humidor in back so I went inside. The shop has a big variety but the prices were a couple bucks higher per cigar than I am used to seeing. I didn't see much that was decent and still around $5.00 so I picked up the Punch. It too was a bit overpriced.

I smoked it when I got back to the hotel. It was a bit dry but still a nice melllow smoke. I like these a lot. This one burned unevenly but it may have been due to the windy conditions in the hotel courtyard.

From Cigars International:

Smooth with some spiciness.

With an excellent range of flavor but not overpowering, Punch cigars are superbly constructed and consistently delicious. Honduran, Dominican, and Nicaraguan filler, Connecticut binder and a dark wrapper. Robust and full-flavored - a world class cigar.

Punch has received countless 90+ ratings, including several 91s and ‘Humidor Selection’ honors, noting:
“This attractive, oily cigar has a rich leathery aroma. It’s full bodied and balanced. Flavors include leather, wood and earth. The finish is long.”

No comments:

Post a Comment