Thursday, August 26, 2010

Benchmade Robusto

Benchmade What a perfect cigar on this perfect evening. I smoked this one at Macri's on the patio while hanging with friends and listening to my favorite local band, Alligator Blackbird.

I paired this one with Bud Light on tap. It started with a mild peppery taste that was complex and full. I would place this in the medium strength category. I really like this cigar and have nothing bad to say about it. Construction is great, burn great, lot's of smoke, taste was great down to the nub. This is the second time I have had this cigar and both times I was not ready to give up on it even as my fingers were burning.

This is one of my new favorites.

From Holt's Cigars:

Benchmade is an exciting new brand manufactured by Pepin Garcia exclusively for Ashton. These no-nonsense handmades boast the flavor and construction of a super-premium cigar, yet the attractive price-tag of a value bundle. Crafted in Nicaragua, the Benchmade recipe includes a lovely dark-brown Nicaraguan wrapper, 2 sturdy Nicaraguan binders and a delicious sandwich blend of top-quality Nicaraguan fillers. The flavors are medium to full-bodied. A solid backbone of sweet earthy richness is accompanied by intricate layers of spicy complexity. These cigars come packaged in elegant cedar boxes and each cigar is finished with a pigtail top. Available in 5 traditional sizes, Benchmade is the new benchmark for the value cigar.

Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Strength: Medium to Full
Wrapper: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan

No comments:

Post a Comment