Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pancho's Reserve Toro

PanchoReserve The construction was fair, and a bit on the vainy side. Also the cap was sloppily put on, but it had a nice firm feel to it. I lit this one up very late at night on my deck after coming home from a back-yard barbeque. I paired it with what I had been drinking at the party, a Bud Light. I only smoked a little over 1/2 of it because it was getting too late. I put it out in my cigar saver and will smoke the rest tomorrow. It had a great full flavored taste and I would rank the strength as medium. It produced lots of smoke. I liked the first 1/2 and would buy this one again.

UPDATE: 8/22/10 - I smoked what was left from the night before with my Sunday coffee out on the patio. I did not have as good as an experience with this cigar as I did the night before. I had a tough time relighting it and it started to tunnel so I chopped off about 3/4 of an inch off the tip. It lit up just fine after that but I only had about 2 to 2 1/2 inches left at that point. It burned a little hot and harsh. Lots of smoke. Not a bad taste per se, but... it left me with a BAD buzz. Maybe it was because I was out partying the night before. Maybe it was because I do not usually smoke in the morning. Maybe it was the cigar. I don't know but I fely like crap for a 1/2 day after smoking this cigar. But before I make a final judgement on this cigar I will smoke one more to see what my experience is like.

From Holt's Cigars:

Pancho's Reserve is an old-time brand that's all about value. Handmade in the Dominican Republic, these cigars sport Mexican wrappers and a simple, medium-bodied blend of Dominican tobaccos.

Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Strength: Medium
Wrapper: Mexican
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican

No comments:

Post a Comment