Friday, August 20, 2010

Black Sheep

Black Sheep I smoked this one while enjoying a fire pit on my patio.

The construction of this cigar was fair. Mostly firm with a couple of soft spots. Also, there was a small break in the cap. I got a bit of pepper taste just after lighting and then it became smooth and leathery. Definitely a full flavor though. I had to work at the draw quite a bit. Near 1/2 way through and I can definitely tell this is a maduro. Strong nicotine and it bothered my stomach a little. I got an uneven burn quite a few times and had to correct it often. I smoked it down to the nub.

Overall it was a fair cigar. Definitely worth the buck or so that I paid for this value cigar. I liked it.

From Holts:

If you're in the market for an inexpensive Maduro then Black Sheep is just the ticket. Handmade in Nicaragua, these cigars sport oily Maduro wrappers and a toasty medium-bodied blend of Dominican and Nicaraguan long-fillers. Rich notes of earth and cedar harmonize with creamy hints of apricot and leather.

Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Strength: Medium
Wrapper: Maduro
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican, Nicaraguan



No comments:

Post a Comment