Thursday, August 26, 2010

Puros Indios Especial #2

Puros Indios Natural I lit this one up the evening of 8/25/2010 out on the deck and paired with good 'ole Bud Light. It was a good looking cigar, firm but I did notice a small hole about an inch from the foot. Probably from packing it in my suitcase on the trip from Philly to O'hare.

It had a nice peppery taste and would call the strength mild to medium but more on the mild side. I really had to work at drawing from this cigar. Little smoke. Plugged? Over humidified? The hole? Don't know. Smoked almost 1/2 of it and put it out in my cigar saver to finish it the next day. Overall I enjoyed it.

8/26/2010 - I pulled this one out of my cigar saver and lit it up on the deck and smoked it while working and paired it with my morning coffee. It was pretty hard to get relighted but I covered the hole in the last inch and got her going. I was greated with that nice peppery taste from the night before. It was still hard to draw even covering the small hole.

In the last 3 inches this turned into a really nice cigar and the draw was better too. I noticed a nice leathery taste with a hint of pepper.

Overall I enjoyed this cigar and would buy it again.

From Cigars International:

Made by Cuban-trained cigar making legend Rolando Reyes, Sr.

Puros Indios are handmade from Honduras with Cuba-seed filler, and a rich, oily Ecuadorian wrapper. The result is a spicy, medium to full-bodied, aromatic taste. Rated ’90’ by Cigar Aficionado.

Cuban-expatriate Rolando Reyes, Sr. has been called the world’s best blender on more than one occasion. In fact, his cigars are critically acclaimed for their raw richness and complex layers of flavor. Back in-stock and better than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment