Sunday, November 7, 2010

Herfdog

I smoked this one on the patio on a sunny Sunday afternoon while burning leaves in the firepit. I straight cut it and paired it with Bud Light.

This is the last of my Misers's Collection sampler from Holt's. Actuall, I do have one more left but I don't plan on smoking it. It was a cigar that I did not like at all.

This was a fairly well made, very long, cigar and just a tad spongy. The draw was just OK, and not as nice and open as the first one I smoked months ago. After lighting, the cigar had a slight spice taste, and was mellow with a good amount of smoke.

During the last third the flavor picked up a bit more spice and got a little mushy.

The nub was fairly mushy and got a little hot and spicy and bit the the back of my throat a little. Up until that point it was a cool burning cigar.

A ton of smoke all the way down to the nub.

It had a short finish through the first 2 thirds and a medium finished the last third.

Took about 1 and 1 half hours to smoke.

I put it out with a fairly long nub. It was a good yard cigar.

From Holt's Cigars:

These mixed-filled mutts come courtesy of some friends of ours down in Nicaragua. Composed of bits of high quality Nicaraguan and Honduran wrapper clippings wrapped in a smooth Sumatra leaf, Herfdog has a consistently smooth draw and a rich taste that is devoid of the typical short-filler bite. An easy no-brainer at less than a dollar per cigar.

Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Strength: Medium
Wrapper: Sumatra
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan, Honduran

No comments:

Post a Comment