Friday, December 31, 2010

Tatuaje Havana VI

This was my New Years Eve smoke. The last cigar of 2010. Cigar number 162 since I started getting serious and blogging my cigars in May.

December has caused my smoking to be cut in half. It has been too cold to regularly smoke outside and I have been traveling a lot. But I had to get this one last smoke in for the year. I have been wanting to try this cigar for awhile so I picked one up the last time I was at Holt's. It set me back $7.25.

This was a fairly short cigar but since I was smoking with some friends during a New Years Eve party I didn't want to be too antisocial and be out on the deck all night.

It was a very warm New Years Eve, around 50 degrees, so smoking outside was pretty comfortable. I brought a couple of Quorum's for any friends that wanted to join me. I had two takers, Ed and Jim. They seemed to like the Quorum's.

This Tatuaje was very nice. A nice mellow taste with lot's of smoke. A bit milder than my past Tatuaje's but I think this blend is supposed to be on the lighter side. It still had plenty of flavor and was a finger burner. I would definitely buy it again, maybe a bit longer size though.

Happy New Year!


From Holts.com:

Length: 4.5 Ring: 49

Our good friend Pete Johnson is taking the cigar industry by storm! For the past year or so, Tatuaje has been the hottest thing since sliced bread. Now Pete is looking to bolster an already potent arsenal with his brand new Havana VI! This is a cigar manufactured in Nicaragua from 100% Nicaraguan tobaccos. It features a gorgeous chocolaty Corojo wrapper and a tasty binder and filler blend. The Havana VI is a completely different animal than the regular Tatuaje. It is blended in traditional Cuban fashion, but does not possess the strength and firepower often associated with the Tatuaje name. Instead of coming out with a cigar stronger than his previous one, Pete decided to flip the script and offer customers a lighter fare. The Tatuaje Havana VI is a medium-bodied cigar with rich earthy flavor and smooth subtle spice.

Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Strength: Medium to Full
Wrapper: Ecuadorian
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan



No comments:

Post a Comment