Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Perdomo Lot 23 Natural

Like the last time that I flew into PHL and drove to Atlantic City for work, I wanted to stop in at Holt's and buy some cigars. But this time, due to a day of canceled flights, I did not get to PHL until after Holt's was closed. So I went back to Philly on the night of my second day of the trip, just to go to Holt's. I bought a handful of cigars and then headed up to the whiskey bar above Holt's, Mahogany. It was my first time there and I really liked it. Dark wood paneled rooms with many leather chairs and couches. And they have over 140 whiskeys.

I grabbed the Lot 23 out of my bag (paid $5.05 for it), straight cut it and lit it up. I paired it with a Bushmills followed by an Amstel Light.

The cigar had a nice mild taste with good flavor and lots of smoke. Maybe a hint of a cedar taste. I really enjoyed the cigar, it was a perfect cigar for me. No burn issues, the flavor changed from mild to medium flavor with a short finish. The strength was medium. I smoked it down to the nub.

From Cigar.com:

Perdomo Lot 23 is an incredible value that rivals the finest Connecticut wrapped cigars at a fraction of the price.

In 2000, Nick Perdomo planted an experimental crop of tobacco on a small plot of land appropriately named Lot 23. It is here that the golden tobacco leaves of Lot 23 were harvested for extended fermentation. When the tobacco was ready for blending, Nick was shocked to find the cigar did not blend well with foreign tobaccos, but rather was ideal when blended with tobacco from the same field.

The resulting Lot 23 cigar is composed of 100% puro tobacco from one field in Esteli. Medium-bodied with a silky Connecticut-seed wrapper, this creamy cigar offers a cedar-like character with toasty nuances, culminating into one of the best-balanced Nicaraguan cigars on the market. At the RTDA tradeshow, Cigar.com aficionados ranked the Lot 23 as one of their top 5 picks for “best new release in 2006.



No comments:

Post a Comment