Thursday, December 2, 2010

La Aroma de Cuba Marquis

This was my second cigar of the night. I was at Shelly's with Evan and Brett. my first cigar was the Lancero that Evan gave me. I had eaten a big sandwich and was drinking Bud Light.

I straight cut this one with Evan's cutter. I'd have to say, this was not much of a cigar. Especially for the $9.00 I paid for it. It was very mellow. Not complex. I kept hoping it would turn into something good and it never did. I put it out with a fairly long nub. Too mellow and no flavor.

I am torn on this one. I liked the first one I had but did not like this one.

From www.tampahumidor.com:

Ring guage - 48
Length - 5.7"

La Aroma de Cuba is as exciting to smoke as it is to view. The wrapper is made from carefully chosen dark Cuban seed Honduran tobacco with plenty of oils and sheen. The filler is a blend of rich Cuban seed Nicaraguan and Honduran tobaccos and the binder is Honduran. La Aroma de Cuba has an enticing aroma and is a medium to full strength cigar. It draws easily and offers a big, enchanting flavor delivered smoothly with lots of finesse.

The packaging is truly extraordinary. Utilizing original Cuban artwork with several modifications and enhancements, the dress box is simply gorgeous with its extensive gold embossing and rich colors.

La Aroma de Cuba was a turn of the century brand made famous in part by Winston Churchill who characterized the cigar as one of his favorites. The new La Aroma de Cuba is completely different but once smoked, its flavor and aroma will remind you of a taste from another era.

No comments:

Post a Comment