Saturday, May 22, 2010

Padilla Edicion Especial 2006

Padilla Corojo Edicion Especial 2006 This was the cigar that got me started. It all started with a sampler that I bought from Cigars International. I saw an add in the back of a magazine and it was too good to pass up. This sampler came with a nice little humidor, a V-cutter, a humidification puck and 8 cigars all for $15.00 plus $5.00 shipping. My Dad smokes an occasional cigar and I wanted to have a few around for when he came to town. Up to this point I had smoked maybe 2 cigars a year and I was a true rookie. I had no idea what I was smoking, nor did I know how to really smoke a cigar.

This was the first cigar I pulled from the humidor. It was a nice early Summer day and my dad and I had a fire going in the fire pit on my patio. The perfect time to enjoy a cigar together. He showed me how to cut and light it.

I really enjoyed this cigar. It was pretty mellow, but a nice smoke. Not bad. But I had not developed my palette yet.I had no idea what I liked or didn't like yet.

My Dad chose the 5 Vegas Gold and he seemed to enjoy it. He let me have a couple puffs and I found it to be a nice, mellow cigar.

No comments:

Post a Comment