Friday, July 9, 2010

Gurkha Regent

Gurkha Regent Second cigar of the day. I think that this was the one that I smoked on the boat when we went out for an evening swim on our second to last night on Diamond Lake. I even tried to smoke the last few inches while swimming but my wife splashed me until it went out and I had to pitch it. I thought this was a great smoke, and another one that I wish I had taken better notes on.

From Cigars International:

Gurkha Regent was a labor of love for K. Hansotia and the Torano family. This milky smooth Honduran handmade offers gorgeous, dark Honduran wrappers that have a redolent, silken feel. The smoke delivers a panoply of toasty, leathery, medium-bodied flavors. It’s been called one of the tastiest Gurkhas you can find. All at prices unmatched in the cigar industry.

Cigar Aficionado rated Gurkha Regent a stunning ’90’, equaling Fuente Opus X and outscoring many other top brands:"This rich brown cigar burns evenly, with a fine draw. It’s elegant and balanced, with black cherry flavors, notes of sweet spice and a long, leathery finish. Smooth."

In addition, Regent has been named one of the year’s Top 50 Cigars.



No comments:

Post a Comment